CREDIT UNION 1 Arena
Credit Union 1 Arena (formerly UIC Pavilion) is dedicated to ensuring that all guests have a fun, safe and comfortable experience. Our welcoming house staff will be happy to help with any needs and inquiries you may have on event day. We handle ADA accommodations and seating, escorts to seats and sections, and will call and reserve pick-up for tickets. Don’t hesitate to reach out online or in person and we’ll make sure you have a wonderful time.
Credit Union 1 Arena Guest Services
If you have a question, comment or concern before or after an event, contact our Guest Services booth or any staff member.
Plan your visit and look for hotels in the area.
Find fun Chicago attractions to experience before or after your event.
Code of Conduct
- All venue personnel will treat guests in a consistent, professional, and courteous manner.
- Guests will enjoy every event free from disruptive behavior, including foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Guests will consume alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner. Intervention with an impaired, intoxicated or underage guest will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will sit only in their ticketed seats and show their tickets when requested.
- Guests who engage in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the court/stage will be immediately ejected from the venue.
- Guests will not smoke in the venue.
- There will not be any obscene of indecent messages on signs or clothing.
- Guests will comply with requests from venue staff regarding facility operations and emergency response procedures.
- Guests will also be responsible for their own good time by reporting inappropriate behavior.
Credit Union 1 Arena staff have been trained to intervene when deemed necessary and to use their best discretion to help ensure that guests who ignore the Code of Conduct do not interfere with other guests’ ability to enjoy an event. Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest. Season ticket holders may also be subject to having their season subscription revoked.
We thank you for your cooperation.
Alcohol Serving & Consumption
All alcoholic beverages must be purchased inside Credit Union 1 Arena.
Guests are required to act in compliance with all state and local laws governing the purchase, possession, and consumption of alcohol. All guests will be asked to show a valid government-issued photo identification prior to being served alcoholic beverages.
A guest may have in their possession a maximum limit of two alcoholic beverages at any given time. At their discretion, Credit Union 1 Arena reserves the right to eject or refuse service to anyone that is visibly intoxicated. Service of alcohol will stop at predetermined times based on the event and at the discretion of Credit Union 1 Arena management.
Metal Detection Policy
The use of metal detectors is required for any event held at Credit Union 1 Arena or UIC Dorin Forum which meet the any one of following criteria:
- The event is organized by an entity not affiliated with UIC;
- The organizers anticipate 400 or more persons will attend, or the UIC Venues & Events, in their sole discretion, believe there is a substantial likelihood that 400 or more persons will attend;
- Open to non-UIC students, faculty or staff;
- Alcohol will be served, there is a live band or other form of musical entertainment, or event has special circumstances, as determined by UIC Venues & Events.
All events where metal detectors will be utilized must notify attendees in advance. Persons entering metal detectors will only be required to remove their phones, keys, coins, wallets, etc. from their pockets. If a person sets off alarm, they must return to the metal detector entrance, remove all items from pockets and enter again. If they again set off alarm, they will be scanned by a hand held wand. After wanding if detectors still activate, patron will not be permitted to enter the venue.
Policy for the Bags, Purses and Backpacks: For safety reasons, bags, purses, backpacks and other large bags may not be permitted in Credit Union 1 Arena or UIC Dorin Forum.
- UIC Dorin Forum events that are only open to UIC Employees
- Events where materials necessary for the event are contained in the bags (ie. Job fairs, exhibitions, etc.)
- Purses, bags or containers larger than 12” x 6” x 12”
- Camera bags
- Cinch bags/drawstring bags
- Computer bags
- Coolers (including thermos)
- Fanny packs
- Luggage of any kind
- Diaper bags
- Clear plastic, vinyl or PVC that do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”. Bags may be hand carried or have a shoulder strap.
- One gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc).
All guests must maintain reasonable and appropriate behavior at all times. Guests using offensive language or engaging in disorderly conduct may be ejected from the facility and may be subject to arrest. Ejected guests willnot receive a refund for their tickets or be compensated in any way for their loss.
Disturbances include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Standing on chairs
- Drunk and disorderly conduct
- Fighting or challenging others to fight
- Exposing private body parts
- Interference with or delay of the game/event
- Violation of the Credit Union 1 Arena event policies
- Violation of local, state and federal laws and statues
- Igniting and display of flames, i.e. lighters / matches, in the facility bowl
- Attempting to enter the field of play, court, stage or backstage areas without permission
- Throwing, discharging, or launching any liquid substances or objects
- Willfully and maliciously disturbing another guest / employee with loud and unreasonable noise
- Using profanity and/ or offensive words, which are likely to provoke a violent reaction from others
- Taunting or using offensive language against players, referees, or performers
Credit Union 1 Arena reserves the right to deny entry to intoxicated guests. Any intoxicated guests causing a disturbance during an event will be asked to leave the facility and may be subject to arrest.
To report a disturbance during an event, please visit Guest Services near Gate 3.
Credit Union 1 Arena works on a continuing basis with the UIC Office of Emergency Preparedness, the UIC Police Department, and other agencies in the development of specific Emergency Procedures Plans.
Credit Union 1 Arena goal is to provide a safe, enjoyable atmosphere. The use of installed automated security systems, appropriate security operating plans, and trained guest services and security personnel will ensure the security and safety of all guests, performers, and employees at Credit Union 1 Arena. In the case of an emergency, guests must comply with requests from venue staff regarding operations and emergency response procedures.
Camera policy varies based on the event. Contact Credit Union 1 Arena for event specific information.
The basic policy (subject to change based on each artist’s restrictions): No commercial or flash photography of any kind is permitted. Camcorders or any other audio/visual equipment are prohibited unless authorized by promoter or performer.
The use of the following equipment is not permitted:
- Telephoto or zoom lenses of any kind
- Interchangeable lenses of any kind
- Monopods, tripods, iPads or selfie sticks
- Flash equipment of any kind
- Audio-Video recording
For your safety, all patrons entering Credit Union 1 Arena are required to pass through a metal detector. Youare only required to remove keys and phones. If you set off the machine, we will identify the location of the suspicious object, remove that object, and have you pass through the machine again. Please arrive at the metal detectors ready to pass through.
The following is a partial list of items that are prohibited at all Credit Union 1 Arena events.
- Outside Food and Beverage
- Cameras: No flash/professional photography
- Audio or Video RecordingDevices
- Selfie sticks
- Bags: Backpacks, Large Bags, Suitcases, or any purse/bag larger than 14″x14″x6″
- Tripods/Monopods, Laser Pointers, Alcohol, Drugs, Noise Making Devices, Fireworks, Flashlights, Skateboards/ Rollerblades, Beach Balls, Cans or Bottles
- Any item that could pose a safety hazard or restrict the enjoyment of another guest
Weapons are prohibited. Weapons include, but are not limited to, the following: firearms, explosives, stun guns, handcuffs, brass knuckles, sticks, clubs, batons, martial arts instruments, pepper spray, tear gas, knives, etc. Guests found in possession of the above-mentioned items will be asked to remove the item from the venue or dispose of it. Guests who refuse to comply will be ejected from the venue and may be subject to arrest.
Restrooms are located every level of the arena.
Credit Union 1 Arena goal is to provide a safe, enjoyable atmosphere.
For safety and as a courtesy to other guests, aisles must be kept clear at all times. Please follow the directions of the usher in your section to remain in your assigned ticketed seat and refrain from standing in the aisles.
Trained emergency medical technicians (EMTs) are available to assist any guest in need at every Credit Union 1 Arena event. In the event of a medical emergency, contact a member of our Guest Services or Security staff for assistance.
The resale of tickets (“scalping”) will not be permitted in and around the property of Credit Union 1 Arena. Violators will be reported to the UIC Police Department. In addition, guests may not sell their unused tickets to others in and around Credit Union 1 Arena. To avoid problems with counterfeit, stolen or voided tickets, guests should only purchase verified tickets through Ticketmaster or at the Credit Union 1 Arena box office.
Contact Us for Bookings
525 S. Racine Ave
Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Monday – Friday: 10am – 5pm
Weekends: 10am – 9pm